1420 W. Wells Branch Pkwy.
Pathways’ training schedule is updated weekly at the following link: Foster Care/Adoption Training Calendar.
Pathways strives to maintain a flexible training schedule for prospective foster, kinship and adoptive families including evening and weekend training sessions. The general schedule consists of three evening/half-day training sessions (6:00-10:00 pm), one morning/half-day training session (9:00 am-12:00 pm) one full day training session (Saturday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm) and additional online training requirements with 24-hour access. Prospective families must attend required instructor-led trainings on-site at 1420 W. Wells Branch Pkwy. Suite 400 Pflugerville, TX 78660.
Directions to training:
From IH-35 – Exit 247, east on Wells Branch Pkwy., office on left.
From Mopac/Loop 1 – Exit Wells Branch Pkwy./ Howard Ln., east on Wells Branch Pkwy., pass IH-35, office on left.
From TX-45 E – Exit 435 for Gregg Manor Rd., west on Gregg Manor Rd., continue to Cameron Rd./Harris Branch Pkwy., right on Wells Branch Pkwy., office on right.
From TX-130 S – Exit 431 for Pecan St., right on Pecan St., left on Dessau Rd., right on Wells Branch Pkwy., office on right.
Pathways Youth and Family Services, Inc.
Pathways Youth and Family Services Inc. is a non-profit social service organization providing a wide array of programs and services to communities across the state of Texas including:
Basic & Treatment, Kinship Care, Primary Medical Needs
Foster to Adopt, Legal Risk, Matched
Residential Treatment Center
3H Youth Ranch
Psychiatry, Counseling & Therapy
Community Based Services
Targeted Case Management, Care Coordination, Rehabilitation Services, Individual & Family Skills Training
Pathways’ mission is to create environments where children and families thrive. To do this, we must:
• provide safety and stability;
• build self-esteem in every possible way;
• teach self-control;
• allow children to grow and mature in their own unique talents and gifts;
• engage children in the process we use to change their lives;
• equip families with the tools to create nurturing environments; and
• model acceptable behavior.
Pathways is committed to meeting our mission by providing comprehensive support services to children and families. Pathways is staffed by a full-time Executive Director, full-time State Director of Licensing, two full-time Treatment Directors, a full-time Director of Development (and 7 full-time administrative and development support staff), three full-time Regional Directors (LCPAA), five full-time Program Coordinators, numerous Case Management/Family Specialist staff and licensed behavioral health providers.
Pathways Case Managers/Family Specialists provide all families with continuous support and needed training prior to and after verification including:
• ensuring compliance with all training requirements;
• providing additional support services to foster/adopt parents as needed and required;
• providing the Texas Health Steps materials to verified foster/adopt homes at least annually;
• distributing HHSC information to foster/adopt parents regarding the Medicaid Medical Transportation Program;
• contacting the foster/adopt home within seven (7) calendar days following a placement to assess whether the child’s needs are being met in the foster/adopt home and to evaluate how the child is adjusting to in the home;
• making at least one home visit per month per family (or more if needed);
• providing weekly contact to the family;
• coordinating and providing assistance with setting up respite care as needed;
• providing additional ongoing assessments of the foster/adopt parents’ abilities to meet the needs of the children in care; and
• monitoring all foster/adopt homes on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with all licensing and contract standards as well as with Pathways’ policies and procedures.
Family Specialists can be reached by phone during business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Family Specialists (as well as other professional staff) also have cell phones making them accessible to foster/adopt families at all times. Family Specialists (and/or other professional staff) are available 24/7 to handle emergency or crisis situations and to support the needs of the foster family and children.
Pathways Youth and Family Services, Inc. (Austin Branch) is affiliated with the Travis County Collaborative for Children (TCCC), a member of the Adoption Collaborative of Central Texas and a collaborative partner of the Foster Family Short-Term Childcare Collaboration in Central Texas.
Welcome to the Pathways Family!